9/11 Victim Compensation Fund for Pain & Suffering Damages
The VCF recognizes that one’s quality of life is a valuable asset that scan be diminished by health complications.
- Chronic pain due to 9/11-related health problems
- Emotional distress brought on by health problems and the inability to function normally
- Inability to enjoy life as before
‘Non-economic losses’ such as these must be related to a qualified medical condition caused by 9/11 events.
- If that’s the case, 9/11 victims may be eligible even if the disability isn’t permanent, and if no time is lost from work
- Purely ‘mental injuries’ such as PTSD are not covered, if there is no VCF-qualified physical injury or illness
You may deserve compensation for your suffering. But often, our clients need a little help proving and documenting it.
That’s where we come in.
It may be hard for you to determine exactly what officials need to calculate 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund pain and suffering awards. Speak to our 9/11 VCF team for insights into how the Fund looks at ‘intangibles’, and what you can expect as a result.
Between medical expenses, non-economic losses, and pain & suffering, monetary awards for 9/11 victims can total a million dollars or more.